15 Sept 99
26. Engineering Technical Letter (ETL). (1998). "Use of Petroleum Contaminated Soil in Cold-
Mix Asphalt Stabilized Base Course," ETL 1110-3-487, Department of the Army, U.S. Army
Corps of Engineers, Washington, DC.
27. Epps , J. A. and Paulson, G. L. (1986). "Use of Roofing Wastes in Asphalt Paving Mixtures
- Economic Consideration," Report 709-2, Center for Construction Materials Research,
University of Nevada-Reno, February, NV.
28. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). (1993). "A Study of the Use of Recycled Paving
Material - Report to Congress," FHWA-RD-93-147, pp. 1-34, Washington, DC.
29. Fox, P. J., Mast, D. G., Partridge, B. K. Jr., and Alleman, J. E. Jr. (1997). "Salvaged Sand,"
Civil Engineering Magazine, November, pp. 53-55, Reston, VA.
30. Foxworthy, P. T., Ott, E., and Seals R. K. (1994). "Utilization of Phosphogypsum-Based
Slag Aggregate in Portland Cement Concrete Mixtures," Transportation Research Board (TRB),
Record No. 1437, pp. 19-26, National Research Council, Washington, DC.
31. Fwa, T. F. and Aziz, N. K. (1995). "Use of Incinerator Residue in Asphalt Mixtures,"
Transportation Research Board (TRB), Record No. 1515, pp. 64-71, National Research Council,
32. Goodwin, R. W. (1992). "Resolving Environmental Concerns: Ash Beneficial Reuse,"
Utilization of Waste Materials in Civil Engineering Construction, pp. 22-31, Hilary Inyang and
Kenneth Bergeson, American Society of Civil Engineers, NY.
33. Gowda, G. V., Hall, K. D., and Elliott, R. P. (1996). "Arkansas Experience with Crumb
Rubber Modified Mixes Using Marshall and Strategic Highway Research Program Level I
Design Methods," Transportation Research Board (TRB), Record No. 1530, pp. 25-33, National
Research Council, Washington, DC.
34. Gupta, J. D., Kneller, W. A., Tamirisa, R., and Skrzypczak-Jankun, E. (1994).
"Characterization of Base and Subbase Iron and Steel Slag Aggregates Causing Deposition of
Calcareous Tufa in Drains," Transportation Research Board (TRB), Record No. 1434, pp. 8-16,
National Research Council, Washington, DC.
35. Halstead, W. J. (1986). "Use of Fly Ash in Concrete," Synthesis of Highway Practice 127,
National Cooperative Research Program (NCHRP), Transportation Research Board,
36. Hansen, K. R. and Anderton, G. (1993). "A Laboratory Evaluation of Recycled Tire Rubber
in Hot-Mix Asphalt Paving Systems," ASTM STP 1193, Use of Waste Materials in Hot-Mix
Asphalt, pp. 69-83, H. Fred Waller, Ed., American Society of Testing and Materials, West