15 Sept 99
14. Bhat, S. T. and Lovell, C. W. (1997). "Flowable Fill Using Waste Foundry Sand : A
Substitute for Compacted or Stabilized Soil," ASTM STP 1275, Testing Soil Mixed with Waste
or Recycled Materials, pp. 26-41, Mark A. Wasemiller and Keith B. Hoddinott, Eds., West
15. Bhatty, J., Malisci, I., and Reid, K. (1992). "Sludge Ash Pellets as Coarse Aggregates in
Concrete," ASTM, Cement Concrete and Aggregates, Volume 14, No. 1, pp. 55-61, American
Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA.
16. Bosscher, P. J., Edil, T. B., and Eldin, N. N. (1992). "Construction and Performance of a
Shredded Waste Tire Test Embankment," Transportation Research Board (TRB), Record No.
1345, pp. 44-52, National Research Council, Washington, DC.
17. Ciesielski, S. K. (1995). "Using Waste Materials in Paving Projects," Pavement
Maintenance Magazine, September, Volume 10, Number 7, pp. 424-429, Addison, IL.
18. Ciesielski, S. K. and Collins, R. J. (1993). "Current Nationwide Status of the Use of Waste
Materials in Hot Mix Asphalt Mixtures and Pavements," Use of Waste Materials in Hot-Mix
Asphalt, ASTM STP 1193, H. Fred Waller, Ed., American Society for Testing and Materials,
19. Collins, R. J. and Ciesielski, S. K. (1994). "Recycling and Use of Waste Materials and By-
Products in Highway Construction," Synthesis of Highway Practice 199, National Cooperative
Research Program (NCHRP), Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC.
20. Collins, R. J. and Miller, R. H. (1976). "Availability of Mining Wastes and Their Potential
for Use as Highway Material - Volume I - Classification and Technical and Environmental
Analysis," FHWA-RD-76-106, Federal Highway Administration, Washington, DC.
21. Decker, D. S. (1994). "Evaluating the Use of Waste Materials in Hot-Mix Asphalt," Journal
of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, Volume 63, Pg: 13-21, St. Louis, MO.
22. Edil, T. and Bosscher, P. (1994). "Engineering Properties of Waste Tire Chips and Soil
Mixtures," Geotechnical Testing Journal, ASTM, Vol No. 17, No. 4, pp. 453 - 464,
23. Epps, J. A. (1994). "Uses of Recycled Rubber Tires in Highways," Synthesis of Highway
Practice 198, National Cooperative Research Program (NCHRP), Transportation Research
Board, Washington, DC.
24. Emery, J. (1995). "Evaluation of Rubber Modified Asphalt Demonstration Projects,"
Transportation Research Board (TRB), Record No. 1515, pp. 37-46, National Research Council,
25. Engineering News Record (ENR). (1986). "Alaskan Engineers Put Their Chips on
Highway," November 6, pp. 20 and 24.